Sunday, August 23, 2015

Boys room

So when the boys came to us, our extra bedroom was my office. It had first been my office/Braedan's room, but since he never slept in the bed we bought for him, I sold it! Shame on me!!!

Since coming to us, we have turned that room back into their bedroom, however some of my office remnants remain. Well that is about to change. I discovered Ikea. How come no one ever told me about this place before??? Holy Jalapeno (yes I watch entirely too much Disney Jr)!!! I was in heaven walking through that place. Oh so many items I wanted!

Well it's high time the boys get a little boys room all their own. I have painstakingly gone through the Ikea website and picked out pieces that are much needed for organization. Bunk beds are the way to go. Since Cameron is almost 2 years old, he is ready for a big boy bed, just have to make sure to get a bed rail and he gets the bottom bunk. Lots of cubbies and trays and fun containers for all the treasures lil boys hold so dear.

I also found beautiful bed linens, lamps and other items on Amazon.com that I will be ordering. All in all just a little over $1500 will be spent (at least on my paper) to make this room a wonderful little boy hang out that will be well lit, beautifully organized and fun for play/homework and sleep.

I'll be taking some before and after photos, be prepared for a shock! I know I'm in shock just looking at the list and thinking of the beautiful possibilities!

All of my planned purchases can be found on my Pinterest board :)


Follow Shelly's board Boys room on Pinterest.

I'll update as the room progresses, big changes are a coming!!! I cannot wait to get started on this room for the boys. Of course I may change my mind as to the theme of the room, but the furniture is a sure thing!

Of course nothing I do can be done without checklists :) Check out my new printables for room renovation here!

Have you totally remade a room that you are proud to show off? Share your story in the comments below!  



Until next post, Have a very blessed day, Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!